Goal Setting (what you need to know)
What if I told you that you could create the life you want…seriously, you can create the life you want by setting goals, breaking them down to daily tasks and making those your priority each day. You can make the money you want to make, have the life you want, have the relationships you want…whatever you want to accomplish can become a reality.
Welcome to Episode 22
Over the years I’ve narrowed down the important items to use to shape my goals. Things to use as a template that you can use to guide you to creating solid goals to help you achieve what you want in life. Here are the 5 things you need to know….
1. Make sure they are important. Don’t just start setting goals. When you do that they are typically poorly thought out and lead to a low percentage of follow through. Design your goals
2. Make them S.M.A.R.T. goals. It’s actually not the goals that are smart…it’s the objectives.
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Attainable
R – Relevent
T – Time
3. Write them down…EVERYDAY. It’s important to write down your goals and revisit them EVERYDAY. When you do this it solidifies what’s important to you and keeps it top of mind.
4. Break down your goals to daily tasks. Break your goals all the way down to the daily tasks that you need to accomplish everyday to help you reach your goals. Looking at a BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious, Goal) is intimidating and scary! BUT! When you break it down to it’s daily tasks, it makes it more manageable. It’s like eating an elephant…you can’t do it all at once. You have to do it one bite at a time.
5. Have someone hold you accountable. Having someone support you in your goals is by far one of biggest factors that aid to you achieving them. If you have to tell someone that is cheering you on that you failed…that’s not fun. ESPECIALLY, if you’re supposed to be holding them accountable as well.
My 2 biggest takeaways from this episode are:
- You can have anything you want if you set goals and break them down to daily tasks.
- Setting big goals is scary. But, little daily tasks that get you to acheive your big, scary goal isn’t.
“How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Treat your goals the same way. Broken down to small, manageable daily tasks.” (Josh Berg – Agency Owner)
Watch the show below or catch it on our podcast all the way at the top.