Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:16 — 88.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS | More
Door Knocking – with Cliff Hinkle and Troy Thompson
Welcome to Episode 24
Just do it! That’s the advice from Troy and Cliff. They operate a Facebook group focused on door knocking where they discuss the ins and out, challenges and wins, all things related to door knocking. Some of the questions and answers we discuss in this episode is
Let’s get tactical…
- When should you go? Anytime that you can fit it in. Troy has been consistent with it over the summer going almost every day for an hour or 2.
- What should you say? “Hi my name is X with X insurance. I bet I can save you money on your home insurance.
- What is your expected return? Troy consistently gets 5 people to quote every hour. He closes 20% of those. So every hour door knocking equals 1 new client to the agency.
- What’s the retention like? Amazing. You’ve talked to these people face to face already. They’ve seen you and feel like they know you. You’re their neighborhood insurance agent. Why would they go anywhere else.
#Protip: Take your kids with you. Not for sympathy or to soften people up. Rather, you can hang with your kids while getting leads as opposed to zoning out in front of the tv.
My 2 biggest takeaways from this episode are:
- There’s no magic bullet when it comes to door knocking
- Make sure there is a call to action with each blog. Click here for a quote…call us at…chat with us… Don’t spend so much of your time creating the content without capitalizing on it.
“We’re selling insurance! Do you want to buy some?” (Cliff Hinkle- Agency Owner)
“Analog beats digital.” (Troy Thompson – Agency Owner)
Watch the show below or catch it on our podcast all the way at the top.
Links mentioned in this episode:
BLIP Facebook Page (for watching episodes live)
Door to Door Insurance Secrets (FB GROUP)